Blog Archive

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Return from vacation

We have been on vacation since last Wednesday, and on the way hone Dawn wanted to swing by the house to see had been done since we left.

It appears the majority of the trim is done, even down to the baseboard/toe molding in the basement. We wanted to add some detailing in the dining room. I'm not completely happy with the placement of the outlets within the boxes, but overall it looks nice.

Next up was the tile in the master bath floor (nothing in the shower yet).

Tile Guy #2 had put down one full row, which was a full box, of tile in the boys' bathroom floor. Unfortunately it was the wrong tile. That was my fault, though, when I sent the details of what-goes-where was sent out via email. I had it correct in my notebook, just not in the email. Big oops, but it was only about 12 tiles that had been laid down.

The front porch and steps had been poured.

Lastly, the siding had been started.