Blog Archive

Sunday, August 3, 2014

Some details from Rusty

So yesterday morning (Saturday) I texted Rusty to ask if we were still lined up for the end of the month, and to ask what happened in the last week.

According to him, the plumber was there yesterday. HVAC should be in this coming week. The painter worked some last week (honestly we didn't notice any, but oh well) and will be there some next week, too. The stair parts were ordered, which we did see disassembled in the living room floor. That should be in this weekend. Lastly, the septic trench was dug to tie in to the house, so the backfilling should be done this week.

Dawn and I talked about the door. I think it may be ok keeping it. It may look slightly off being so close to the doors going out to the deck, but I figure it may prevent cold air in the winder from coming up. I don't know if that is true, but it makes sense to me. Dawn is fine conceding on that, as long as it looks finished with just the mouth of the slide being visible. I let Rusty know the door could stay.

Lastly, a little more frustration.

Rusty texted us a picture of one of the boy's sinks. With the faucets we picked out, now the medicine cabinets need to be moved up. We're not sure if the faucets can be returned. The game plan now is if we can return the faucets, we will (though I am soooo tired of picking things out). If not, the cabinet will be raised. Rusty said it was kind of hard to do since it has to be about 4.5-inches up. He already started cutting, but nothing major from the way it looks.